Monday, April 14, 2008

Camping with Honey

I have been patiently waiting for new posts from the Weir family but I guess everyone is busy having babies and going to India and Africa and all of this nonsense.
But we have the biggest news of ALL! We took Honey on her very first camping trip! We went to Roosevelt Lake to camp but the lake was all messed up because the water is so high, and there are no beaches. So we spent the night at a campground there and packed up in the morning and headed a couple miles down the road to Apache Lake. It was so much fun. We had our own beach area to pull the boat up to. And Honey had 2 other dogs to play with and she even got in the water all by her self. (She is terrified of water) She was being such a good girl that she even got to be off her leash a lot of the time. She didn't want to come on the boat with us though... that might take some time :) Ha Ha. Donald and I Wake Boarded and Tubed, we had so much fun but got SO sunburned! Honey had TOO much fun, she didn't sleep... ever... the whole time. When we got home she slept for 20 hours straight.


Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of the camping trip :( I know, we're bad. But we have pictures of the aftermath.

Sorry these pictures were taken by my phone. My camera is broken.

P.S. Congratulations Sarah! I'm so excited to see Donald.

3 comments:

Shari D. Kurtz said...

Sounds so fun. I'm glad Honey is taking baby steps to overcoming her fears. Next time, bring me along; the camera follows me wherever I go....Sunscreen as well.
Shari

The Blodgetts said...

How fun to go camping! Charlie has been begging to go camping so finally this weekend Dan set up his tent in the basement. Charlie loves having a tent to go lay in down in the basement. Sometime we'll take it outside but this afternoon it is SNOWING again!! We had such a beautiful warm day yesterday Charlie dragged me out for 2 walks. Today it's been windy and cold. I need to pick up my school kids because they just wore jackets to school. Isn't Apache Lake where we went with the Farnsworths? I'm glad you guys are having fun. Love, Sarah

Hunters said...

Poor Shannon! I hate sunburns. I hope that it doesn't hurt too much. I'm glad that you're having fun in the warm weather. i'm so jealous! I'm freezing here and it doesn't matter what the temperature is- I'm always freezing! Love, JLH