Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weir of the Week: Ane Kristine Snow




Ane Kristine Snow, the drop-dead gorgeous mother of three beautiful children (Gallagher, Atticus and Eleanor), and wife to Garth was born Dec 15, 1975 to the wonder and delight of her loving parents Thomas and Sheilah (oh wait a minute, this isn't an obituary, she's the Weir of the Week). Anyway as everyone knows, Ane is loved and admired where ever she goes. She radiates joy and optimism and lightens the loads of everyone she meets. Each of us who reads this will easily be able to reflect on a time when Ane has said or done something for us that made us grateful to know her. She is never a casual acquaintance. To call her a friend is to know true devotion, but to call her mother, or sister, or daughter, or aunt is to feel truly loved. Her laugh is contagious, her embrace addictive. She can instruct us without saying a word and she can inspire us from a thousand miles away. We all love her and we are happy to call her ours. But this week we'll call her "The Weir of the Week"

Ane's (nickname: Sister Snow) favorites:

Food: Pizza
Color: Purple
Child: Failed to respond
Day of week: Friday
Band: The Beatles
Movie: Pride and Prejudice (not officially a movie but when you're the Weir of the Week everything is an acceptable answer)
Moment from the 2008 Cubs season: The Jim Edmonds Grand Slam against the Brewers on July 31st.
Animal: Polar Bear
Movie about Polar Bears: Can't think of one
Polar Bear she know personally: Doesn't really know one
Moment in life that actually involved a polar bear: When she went to Ikea and saw a really cute stuffed one for only $14 and bought it (ah hah, now it's starting to make sense)
Fact about Polar Bears: they're white and fuzzy
Holiday: Christmas
Reason to support Senator Obama for President: Senator Obama has been able to develop innovative approaches to challenge the status quo and get results. Americans are tired of divisive ideological politics, which is why Senator Obama has reached out to Republicans to find areas of common ground. He has tried to break partisan logjams and take on seemingly intractable problems. During his tenure in Washington and in the Illinois State Senate, Barack Obama has accumulated a record of bipartisan success.
Reason to support Senator McCain for President: Early on in his life as a midshipman at the Naval Academy, the most important lesson John McCain learned was that to sustain his self-respect for a lifetime it would be necessary for him to have the honor of serving something greater than his self-interest -- service to his country. John McCain has always put his country's interests before any party, special interest and even his own self-interest. He has always and will always do what is right for our country.
Book: Have I Ever Told You How Luck You Are? by Dr Seuss
Place to get a Hamburger: Culver's Famous Butter Burgers and Frozen Custard
Way to ensure the need of bypass surgery in the future: Same as previous
Flavors of Jelly Bellies: PiƱa Colada and Bubble Gum (not together, she just likes both of them)
Musical: Les Miserables
Pastime: Reading

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This has been a intensely enjoyable Weir of the Week. Thank you Ane for being so interesting and well informed of the presidential candidates and their political antecedents. I feel that now I can make my choice with confidence.

The Blodgetts said...

I love you Ane! I loved remembering your love of polar bears. I also remember being so jealous of your big beautiful stuffed polar bear. Oh, and don't forget about the time you got that feathery bang haircut in Utah and we went to the movies right afterwards and a boy saw you and stood up and said, "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen!" There I was standing next to you basking in all your glory and feeling a little bit like an ugly duckling. I've always felt privleged to be the sister of one of the most beautiful girls in the world! Oh what good memories. You are an angel and I'm so happy I'm your sister. I hope you're pregnancy is going ok and that your getting past the icky feeling stage. You are so lovely. Love, Sarah

Thomas said...

You are most beautiful. Now that Hillary is gone it is time to vote for McCain.

Hunters said...

Garth, you have such a way of making me cry!! Like when you called and told me that Eleanor was born. Like when you left and took your family to Chicago. Like when you told me you were sending Ane to Utah for mother's day. Like when you did such a beautiful job highlighting your angel wife in the "Weir of the Week" blog. I mean this in the nicest way possible, of course. I just couldn't love Ane Kristine more. Maybe that's why I feel such a connection to Garth. I know how much he loves and adores her,too. I look forward to many more years of laughter and tears. Thanks so much. Love, JLH

Katie said...

Thank You Garth that was pretty funny, not that Ane's funny, I am sure as the Relief Society president she needs a lot of laughter in her life so I am glad you are there to make her laugh and me to, I need some laughter as well. Well I love you Ane and am grateful you are in our family and I always look forward to your phone calls they really make my day. Love Kt