Monday, November 17, 2008

Weir of the Week: Sarah Emma Kurtz



























Sarah Emma Kurtz, born on winter solstice, is the sunshine in our lives. Its not difficult to make her laugh but very hard to make her stop. All I have to say is the word "tickle" to get an immediate response. She prides herself in her laugh and practices it regularly with a snort. She loves knock knock jokes (go figure) and bubble gum. Her favorite subject in school is P.E. and favorite game to play is soccer which must be from her Aunts Molly and Jessie and Uncle John. She loves Shel Silverstein (a love she acquired from her mother) and her favorite book is A Giraffe and a Half. Here is a little poem she created just last week when up a tree

I'll sleep in a tree
With a tortoise and a flea
To keep me company

She told me her favorite place is Qatar...she said because that is where Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle John are and she misses them...especially Grandpa Weir because he says "swimmin' chicken". I asked her if chasing boys is her favorite thing to do at recess to which she replied (with gusto) "NO WAY!" She likes to play a game called corners which seems to be a musical chairs kind of spin off. She loves to eat pasta and will eat and eat and eat and eat it until I say "enough pasta eating!" She will say "alright, but save me some for lunch tomorrow!" I asked her what her favorite thing to do on a Saturday is and she said "going to the dump"...Elko provides such entertainment, prospects for learning, and growing opportunities for our children. I think she just likes being with her dad. She was born to me for good reason, me being a photographer and her being my photogenic subject. I love to take pictures of her and I love all the pictures I've ever taken of her. I love Sarah. I ask myself how I could be the luckiest one in the world to be her mother...I don't know, I'm just lucky. And that's all I've got say on the matter.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Hunters said...

Sarah Emma is Shari Darlene reincarnated! I love every little quirky giggle that Sarah makes. She is everything wonderful about a girl. I hope that her and i can always be good friends. Love, Aunt Jessie

Katie said...

I love Sarah, she is so fun to have around, we cant wait till she comes to visit again. We love you Sarah!!!! Love Aunt Katie and all of the Goughs
I love all the pictures she has such beautiful red hair!

The Blodgetts said...

Sarah is so sweet. I adore her. It's hilarious that her favorite thing to do is go to the dump. That's great. She's so beautiful and you're so good at capturing her loveliness on film. Thanks for making Sarah a part of our lives. Shari would love to have her here for her baptism...I know it's a long drive but I just wanted to tell you we'd love to have you here.

The Blodgetts said...

By the way, when will Sarah's baptism be?

Shari D. Kurtz said...

Probably the beginning of January, when they have stake baptisms...:)